Golden Visa – Investors – International Mobility

At A-Z Paperwork, we can help you with the paperwork for obtaining a Visa or Residence Permit as a citizen from outside the European Union. At A-Z Paperwork, we are experts in international mobility and can assist you with paperwork, formalities and investments in Spain.


What is the Golden Residence Visa or Golden Visa?

The Law number 14/2013, passed on September 27, 2013, allows for the possibility of obtaining visas and residence permits to investors from outside the European Union. As a holder of a Golden Visa, you will have the opportunity to enjoy life in Spain for a minimum period of 1 year and maximum period of 5 years, after which you will be able to obtain permanent residency or even Spanish citizenship, if you meet the necessary legal requirements, and have been living in Spain for more than six consecutive months each year. In addition, with your Golden Visa you can travel freely throughout the Schengen zone which includes 26 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland), all of which have eliminated passport and immigration controls on their common borders. It is possible to obtain a visa for 6 months, even before you have formalized the purchase of your Spanish property, indeed from the moment that you sign a purchase contract. Whilst awaiting the issuing of your Golden Visa, whether it is a first request, or the request for a renewal, you will be able to start enjoying or continue to enjoy your residency in Spain.

What are the requirements?

To obtain the visa you will be required to either purchase a property valued at a minimum of 500 000 euros (taxes aside), to invest  2 000 000 euros in public debt, or to invest 1 000 000 euros in shares or in other business projects. Other requirements are:

  • Not having entered or remained in Spain illegally.
  • Not have been refused entry into any country in the Schengen zone.
  • Be a non-EU citizen (from outside the European Union)
  • Be of age (at least 18).
  • Not have a criminal record in Spain.
  • Subscription to a public or private health insurance, valid in Spain.
  • Sufficient economic resources for the intended period of residency in Spain.

Other interesting facts about the Golden Visa

Is it useful for my whole family? The Golden Visa is extended to the other members of your family, ie your husband or wife, as well as your children under the age of 18 years or dependent children.

Can I work? This visa will allow you to live in Spain, to work in Spain you will need to have acquired the residence permit for investors.

How long will it take? The processing time of visa applications for investors is 10 working days, and 20 days in the case of residence permits.

For any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to be of assistance!

Do you have any questions? Send us a message

Please enter your name.
Please enter a message.